Public & Economic Diplomacy and Social Media Intern Position
January – June 2018.
The Australian Embassy is seeking a creative, versatile and enthusiastic intern who would work with a small team to enhance the Dutch community’s understanding of Australia, its culture and the bilateral relationship with the Netherlands.
The successful applicant would help to develop and organise the Embassy’s public diplomacy events, implement outreach programs and contribute to the expansion of the Embassy’s social media presence.
The successful applicant would:
- Identify and generate content for the Embassy’s social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Assist with the implementation of several events in 2018
- Investigate and implement potential cultural outreach programs;
- Investigate and coordinate potential public and economic diplomacy events.
- Assist with public and economic diplomacy reporting.
The successful applicant would be a self-starter; work well in a team; require limited supervision; and display flexibility and conscientiousness. The individual must have a strong command of written and spoken English and Dutch.
The occupant would work with the Embassy for six months, inclusive of a one month probation period, on a full-time basis (37.50hrs per week). A stipend of EUR 500 per month would be paid to the successful applicant.
The internship is contingent upon the provision of:
- a Probity Certificate (VOG);
- evidence of health and public liability insurance;
- signing of an “Undertaking of Interns” document; and
- compliance with the Embassy’s code of conduct.
Shortlisted applicants will be requested to attend an interview in early December 2017, with the successful applicant commencing as soon as possible after selection.
The Australian Embassy thanks all applicants in advance for their applications and regrets it is not in a position to provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.