Australian Embassy in the Netherlands
Passport and Notarial Appointments
Changes to Smartraveller: What you need to know
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is committed to helping Australians in difficulty overseas, including those impacted by a crisis.
We’ll be launching a new Smartraveller website in November. It will include a better system for getting travel advice updates and a new approach to registration.
Subscribing for updates
Subscribing gives you travel advice updates straight to your inbox. We strongly encourage you to subscribe so you’re well-informed for your trip overseas.
· We have enhanced our subscription service.
· We won’t be able to transition you to the new service. We know it’s a hassle but to continue to get travel advice updates you’ll need to subscribe using our new service.
· You’ll now need just an email address to receive the latest travel advice updates.
· Subscribe to get an email with a link to the latest travel advice whenever it’s updated.
· You can choose to subscribe to one or more destinations and receive updates as they happen or through one email at the end of the day.
· You can change your preferences at any time.
· You’ll be able to opt in to receive SMS ‘critical alerts’ for crises overseas
- this service complements the standard travel advice updates sent via email
- it’s a better channel for urgent information.
Registration in a crisis
Registration is a crisis management tool. Changes mean we can better assist Australians who need help.
· Smartraveller’s registration system will change from November 2019.
· We will no longer ask you to register your travel before you leave.
· The Smartraveller registration system will now be activated only when there is a crisis overseas.
· Our level of service overseas is not changing.
· We are now just asking you to give us your details ‘just-in-time’, when you need help in a crisis.
· You will still be able to register, if you or someone you know is affected by a crisis overseas and needs help.
· You can register using a simple online form or by calling us on 1300 555 135 (in Australia) or 02 6261 3305 (from overseas).
Get in Touch
Calling all Australian Artists!
Are you, or someone you know, an Australian involved in the visual or performing arts here in the Netherlands? The Australian Embassy would like to hear from you!
The Australia-Netherlands Alumni Network
Have you studied in Australia? Visit our Study in Australia page for more information on how you can register for our network.
Australian Embassy Social Media