Passport Applications by Post - Adult Renewals
The Australian Passport Office in The Hague is now accepting adult renewal applications by post (PC7).
You should post your application via tracked delivery.
Once your application has been checked for completion, you will receive an email with payment details.
For an Adult passport renewal, you must be 18 years and over and you will need a passport that:
- was issued when you were aged 16 or older
- was issued on or after 1 January 2006
- had, when it was issued, at least two years’ validity
- has your current name on it - please note that if you are changing your name, you have to come in person,
- has your date of birth, place of birth and gender on it, and
- has not been reported lost, stolen, or cancelled.
If you can answer yes to all the above, complete your PC7 passport renewal application online.
If you don’t meet these criteria, you’ll need to lodge your application in person and by appointment by clicking here.
If you have urgent travel, please contact the Embassy by sending an email or telephone 070 310 8200 for further advice.
Guide for Adult renewal application by post
Complete your renewal application form online
- The application must be lodged within six months of completion
1. Print and sign your application form
- Print your application on plain white A4 paper, using blank ink only. Make sure your form has printed in full and isn't cut off at the top or bottom of the page.
- US standard letter paper or US legal paper sizes are also acceptable, but only if they’re scaled properly. Refer to more information on printing your application form
- Sign the form using black pen, within the signature box. Make sure there are no alterations or whiteout on the signature or the date.
- Note: Please do not include or send your Australian passport to the Embassy - further details on how to cancel your current document will be advised upon completion of your new passport.
- Two recent identical colour photos, less than six months old with your full name written on the back of one photo. Refer to photo guidelines for more information
- Do NOT attach the photos to the form or use a paperclip as this may damage them
3. Copy of passport
- Send with your application a copy of your passport as well.
- Once the application is complete, the Embassy will contact you by email with payment details. Payment will need to be done by local bank transfer.
5. Check your adult renewal checklist
- Before posting your application, review your adult renewal checklist here
- PLEASE NOTE incomplete applications will cause delays.
6. Post your application
- Post your application to:
Passport Renewal Office
2517 KH Den Haag
7. How long will it take?
- Due to a high demand in passport applications, it is advisable to lodge your passport application as soon as possible and in considerable advance of any planned travel.
- Current processing times are a minimum of 8 working weeks from the lodgement of a complete application and payment of applicable fees.